Friday, April 4, 2014

the burning trees

Everyday I take a walk with my dogs morning and evening.It is a pleasant walk but could be made lovelier if I did not have to encounter so many burnt carcasses of young,and mature old trees.Every day a few municipality sweepers come to clean the streets,which is fine,but the thing that really bothers me is that these people,gather all the fallen leaves and put them as mound around the base of large full grown trees and worst of all set fire to them.
I imagine what I would have felt if I was a tree,rooted to the ground,unable to move!Just the raging fire climbing up the body,scorching,burning,turning everything black-oh the pain,my heart aches and tears come to my eyes!That is not all-while the leaves burn along with the tree,little sparks ignite the scattered leaves and set fire to many tiny,fledgling plants and those poor tiny beings just stand and burn to death.
I wonder,why are these people not sensitized to the pain felt by our caregivers,these trees..Why do they not understand that there are so few trees left,how will we breathe,what kind of air will we breathe,if we kill the few that are left?
Should everyone not be taught -that WE MUST PROTECT THE TREES AROUND US.Sloganeering goes on,speeches are given,seminars held but no concrete action taken?

No comments: